Microsoft Corporation Senior Datacenter Deployment Technician in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As the successful Datacenter Deploy Tech Lead (DDTL), your performance objectives will consist of:
• Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums supporting deployment of DC physical infrastructures -- such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, cabling, parts/component replacement, & troubleshooting.
• Performing shift-based tactical management tasks -- such as: prioritizing ticketing queues; responding, engaging, or addressing to resolve escalations (or further escalate if needed); and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of Deploy Engagement Tech activities.
• Highlighting challenges to enable efficient support of your DC personnel in a fast-paced environment
• Managing deployment workflow based on business demand, by coordinating your shift personnel who will execute deployment tasks for these state-of-the-art server and network hardware platforms built on cutting edge, datacenter industry designs and infrastructure.
• Supporting post deployment-focused teams and workloads when the rhythm of business requires
• Providing excellent customer service, (via your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills) to bring your technical and deployment abilities to life -- supporting Microsoft’s future success.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Business programs & operations