Amazon.com Area Manager - Chattanooga, TN in Chattanooga, Tennessee
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. Key responsibilities include:
· Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
· Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
· Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
· You have a completed bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
· You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
· You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
· You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
· You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 465486