Integer Manufacturing Engineer II in Chaska, Minnesota
The primary purpose of this position is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may include a variety of complex features. This position will apply sound judgment when making adaptations and/or modifications to machinery, test and measurement equipment and/or systems. Ensures Integer internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Adheres to Integer Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Develops tooling, fixtures and equipment used in manufacturing to optimize productivity, maintainability and cost.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in making adaptions and modifications.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams to implement creative solutions.
- May execute validation protocols and conduct appropriate inspection/testing products, processes and materials.
- Supports test function for system hardware, software and test data manipulation projects. Provides accurate estimations and reports of all test processes.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork, change requests and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Collaborates with Engineers, Team Leaders and Suppliers to evaluate designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Under limited supervision, performs assignments; receiving instructions with specific expected results.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience. Medical Device experience strongly preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge: Analytical trouble shooting and computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and word processing software. Good statistical knowledge.
- Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Good problem solving skills.
Other: Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.
Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Chaska,MN
- Job Type: Engineering, Manufacturing
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Date Posted: 5/19/2017