Invesco Application Support Analyst in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
*_Invesco IT_: * Do you like working with top IT professionals where everyone has an opportunity to collaborate, share ideas and work on leading-edge technologies? Do you thrive in an environment where you are part of a team implementing innovative technology solutions for clients and employees?
Invesco’s IT team is a global organization with 1300+ employees working together to serve the business. We value everyone’s ideas and input and provide opportunities to develop skills. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, read on to learn more about the opportunity to join us.
“The thing I like best about working in IT at Invesco is the people. Every day, I am inspired by who I get to work with, not just in my local office, but around the globe.” – IT Manager, Houston, USA.
The Advanced Support Analyst will join the existing Investment Services Support Team to provide production support and analysis for business application systems in back & mid office Investment Services areas, for the Investment Management industry. In this role, the Support Analyst will partner with internal business partners and Technology team members to provide technical support for a variety of application systems.
The Investment Services Support team operates on shift work (7am – 7pm ADT) with the requirement for out of hours and weekend working throughout the year. Candidate should be aware that work start times may vary during the year by 1-2 hours in order to enable rotations and effective shift coverage across the team.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Resolve application issues, raised by business partners on a day to day basis, in an effective and timely manner
- Resolve batch job issues and failures in an effective and timely manner
- Carry out root cause analysis following issues, and raise system & process enhancements accordingly
- Be available on pre-scheduled weekends to carry out Business Recovery system testing (usually < 5 times per year)
- Monitor system integrity through system checks to ensure a high standard of service is provided to clients
- Develop and manage productive relationships with key business partners & stakeholders
- Ensure IT seniors and clients are kept informed of major support issues. Communicate using clear, user-friendly terminology (emails, phone & meetings).
- Attend meetings with other teams where support representation is required or valuable
- Participate in daily meetings to prioritize all Incidents, Requests, and Problem tickets.
- Contribute to and help maintain system support documentation for all supported applications, and ensure it is included as part of Project handover
- Assist with developing improvements to support team processes and procedures; ensure agreed procedures are followed
- Assist with project work on supported applications from time to time; business analysis tasks, testing, quality assurance, and implementation in accordance with the IT development life cycle
- Assist project and line managers in producing estimates for the development effort required for system enhancements
- Maintain a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture at the forefront of all activities
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering weekends (approx. every 6-8 weeks)
- Provide On-Call support for systems based on agreed coverage timeframe which includes Subject Matter Expert (SME) cover on an ‘as required’ call out basis.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in an application support, development, or analyst role
- Good understanding of IT environments and Microsoft SQL for running queries
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced support environment
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must have strong analytical skills to solve complex issues in a timely manner alongside an understanding of investment process flows
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization is required
- Prefer a working knowledge of a Service Management system that supports the logging and reporting of problems concerning business applications (Remedy, Service Now)
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customer service
- Capable of communicating and negotiating effectively with all levels of user; and ability to manage conflict
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must have good organization and planning skills; ability to organize work at a personal and team level to meet deadlines
- Be able to work under pressure and multi-task; delivering to demanding deadlines
- Flexible with shift patterns – ability to work later should a major incident arise
- Ability to analyze requirements / problems, and to propose innovative but workable solutions
- Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress (motivated enough to self-learn)
- Must be confident and self-assured
- Strong PC skills on Windows based applications
- Ability to work in a multi-location, team based environment
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown-119 Euston Street
Req ID: 18204