HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Radiation Therapy II PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
/Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospitals breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties./
Under general supervision, the oncology RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in radiation oncology in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health System.
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the healthcare team, the radiation oncology clinical RN using the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating develops the patient care plan.
This includes coordinating care, obtaining pertinent patient information/records, maintaining patient care record, providing patient and family/significant other education, anticipating patient needs, managing treatment side effects, and supporting patients throughout the survivorship continuum.
Also serves as a resource person to provide assistance and information for the infusion center and support services.
This person reviews the literature and participates in nursing education activities to maintain current knowledge in oncology nursing.
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
• Perform effectively and efficiently nursing responsibilities of the radiation area
• Obtaining, organizing, and maintaining patient records for daily scheduled appointments as well as patients under treatment
• Coordinating and scheduling patient appointments for CT/Sims, V-Sims, and follow-up
• Capable of prioritizing task of the day to meet the needs of the patients and physicians during workday
• Make sure patient exam rooms are cleaned, stocked, and equipment is safe for patient use
• Entering of daily charges using Department EMR system that are specific to work area
• Reviews and orders patient education materials
• Participates in and supports cancer committee and tumor board
• Assist to ensure JCAOH requirements for nursing area met
• Reviews nursing documentation forms, updates and revises as needed
• Serves as a liaison for the patient/and or families/significant other between Dr. offices and other support services as needed
• Must be familiar with radiation safety procedures
• Must be familiar with all radiation modalities provided in the department to facilitate patient/family/significant other education
• Assist with transferring patients from wheelchairs and stretchers to exam and or treatment tables using the appropriate lift equipment
• Assist with daily data record-keeping to reflect charges and capture productivity
• Assist to organize weekly chart rounds
Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.;
BLS – Healthcare provider and other certifications as defined by department.
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing.
Experience in oncology preferred. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
C. Special qualifications:
Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
Computer skills needed.
Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/ or Department Manager.
The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Title: RN Radiation Therapy II PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-17482