HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Clinical Informatics in Charleston, South Carolina
This Director of Clinical Informatics is the key resource for Trident Medical Center, responsible for delivering the successful implementation of EHR initiatives. He/she is responsible for coordinating the completion of project assessments, parameter settings and assisting with the development of education/training materials for clinicians. The Director of Clinical Informatics l participates in the company-wide informatics community and works with their division peers to ensure clinical informatics/advanced clinicals applications are well supported throughout the health system.
Primary Responsibilities include the following: 1) Implementation and support of corporate and division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to the EHR. 2) Development, execution, and support of education plan, tools and resources focused on the EHR. 3) Facilitation and project leadership of CPOE and Evidenced-Based Clinical Documentation (EBCD). 4) Resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or health system service resources. 5) Evidence Based Order set review, approval, and build. 6) Ongoing monitoring of various EHR utilization trends. Identify gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address areas of concern. 7) Interface with IT&S to ensure standardization and compliance with best practice models, specifically as it relates to the integrity of the electronic health record.
• Provides leadership and representation on executive committees (Med Exec, Administration, etc), serves as communications specialist for physician stakeholders
• Identify gaps and opportunities in departmental process mapping of current state and the future state workflows.
• Provide system and operations expertise for implementation of process & system changes.
• Provide Go-Live support (elbow support), and order workflow support
• Participate in systems training for project team, serve as Super User for Clinicians
• Provides specialized support for physicians
• Design and develop education/training materials in CPOE, EBCD, etc. to support staff training and continued education.
• Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices in the area of clinical informatics
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
• Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.**
*Position Requirements: *
Education:Clinical Bachelor’s Level Degree required (either RN, RRT, PT, MT, RT) with preference forHealth Informatics degree (i.e. nursing informatics, medical informatics) or health related Master’s Degree.
License/Certification:Current State of Florida license for area of clinicalpractice (either RN, RRT, PT, MT, RT) required along with BLS; Informatics certification (i.e. CPHIMS, ANIA) preferred.
Experience:Minimum of 3 years of clinical, acute care experience and minimum of 3 years’ experience working with an Electronic Health Record system, Meditech preferred, required along with strong communication and project management skills; 1 year teaching experience (i.e. preceptor, mentor, in-service provision, etc.) experience in a clinical environment preferred.
*Special/Additional Qualifications/Competencies: *
* Expertise in line of service such as radiology technician, nurse, physical therapist
* Ability to communicate electronically, orally, and in writing with a wide variety of individuals.
* Possess a high level of clinical expertise with strong critical thinking skills.
* Strong working relationship with the physician community
* Must have an interdisciplinary focus * Demonstrated customer orientation *Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: *
• Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as Joint Commission, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR • Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types • Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing • Demonstrated customer orientation • Excellent leadership and teaching abilities • Demonstrated advanced computer skills • An understanding, enthusiasm and commitment to the goals of the project • Leadership skills to direct others and maintain a common vision for project objectives. Must be a motivator • The ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the practice, as well as with vendors and other outside agents. Must have an interdisciplinary focus • Effective organizational skills • Good problem solving and analytical skills • Existing knowledge of the facility's clinical/operational processes, challenges and Meditech environment • The ability to delegate tasks and enlist the cooperation and/or assistance of team members and others
Preferred: • Proficiency in Meditech • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications • Customer service orientation and/or training
Title: Director of Clinical Informatics
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-17412