UNC Health Care HCS ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST - MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Location:*Charles Drew and Burlington Community Health Centers, Burlington, NC *
Fluency in Spanish/English preferred
The Eligibility Specialist obtains detailed personal, financial and asset information to determine if patient qualifies for one of ten Medicaid/SSI programs.
- Completes or assists the patient with completion of Medicaid application.
- Explains the programs and advises patients of methods to become eligible by rearranging finances and assets.
- Follows through with applicants to obtain accurate and complete information within strict timeframes.
- Must have substantive knowledge of various rules and regulations governing the ten Medicaid programs.
- Interprets and applies frequent changes in program regulations to expedite applications.
- Reviews denials from Medicaid/SSI and researches denial information with patients.
- Advocates for patient coverage with local and state Medicaid offices to obtain reversal of initial denial.
- Abstracts information, prepares appeals and represents UNC Health Care System in appeal hearings at local, state (Division of Medical Assistance), Office of Administrative Hearings, and state court to present supportive evidence for patient’s denial reversal.
This position will be located in Burlington, NC at Charles Drew and Burlington Community Health Centers.
Requires an Associate’s degree and two years experience in a social services or healthcare organization or a high school diploma and four years experience in a social services or healthcare organization or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Fluency in Spanish/English required.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 6:01:05 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Employee Status: Regular
Req ID: FIN002V1