General Motors COTS Tools Administrator & Developer - INF0018925 in Chandler, Arizona
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
The COTS Development Tools Administrator & Developer is responsible and accountable for installing, administering, enhancing,and testing of applications. The applications include COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) products as well as custom software.
- Analyze project requirements, configure applications to user needs, enhance/extend functionality as needed using scripts, APIbasedadd-ons,and develop corresponding test plans, test cases, test scripts, test results, and deployment plans.
- Set up and configure hardware and software including virtual servers for application-specific needs.
- Test and optimize installations for performance
- Configure appropriate monitoring to assure availability and performance requirements
- Thoroughly document the configuration and installation of the systems, test environments, test plans, test cases, test results, and production configurations.
- Provide technical assistance to level 1/2 application support teams as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 or more years of software development, application testing, and support experience working in a technical capacity
- Hands-on experience in systems analysis including Linux/Windows server administration
- Hands-on experience in system test planning and test execution
- Knowledge of systems security technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on experience in deploying and supporting specialized engineering development IT tools such as:
- COTS tools management (e.g. Rational Synergy, Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS, Electric Cloud products, etc.) used in ECS (Electrical, Controls, & Software) development of automotive systems
- Script development experience (Unix shell, Perl, etc)
- Performance test experience (Loadrunner, Rational Performance Tester, etc)