Nobis Works, Inc.
Nobis Works Mission: To develop and provide job training, employment and vocational support for youth and adults with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
Provides mail distribution services as described in the contract statement of work. All candidates MUST Pass PIV Clearance and clean MVR
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Timely mail delivery which may include driving van for deliveries Delivery of parcels and boxesUnderstand verbal and written instructions to perform task assigned. Sort incoming mail for distribution and dispatch outgoing mail.Sort mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders and payments. May require use of various postage sorting equipment and delivery vehicle after proper training. Must have a clean driving record.Sort accountable mail according to destination/program area and log into the Smart Track System or other designated system.Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter.Re-address undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect addresses.Basic computer skills for email and address/directory lookup.Must meet established standards of quality and productivity with/without supervision.Must maintain a good attendance record.Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned by the Mailroom Supervisor.
Qualifications:MUST Pass PIV ClearanceMust be able to drive a van/box truck, be at least 18 years old and have a proven satisfactory driving record.Ability to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.Basic computer skills.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge and experience
Prior Experience Desirable:
Six months experience in a mailroom or inventory control setting helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment and is a self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to use discretion and good judgment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to write to maintain quality documentation and communicate in a professional manner.
- Basic analytical skills needed to organize work.
- Good verbal communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Good problem solving capability needed to overcome daily situations that occur in an office environment.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of copy machines and fax machines.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Ability to handle interruptions while maintaining satisfactory work levels.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Well-lit environment requiring average amount of visual effort.
- Follow all safety regulations to diminish accidents.
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements.
- Knowledge of evacuation procedures and the whereabouts of exits and fire extinguishers.
- Immediately report circumstances you consider may present a hazard to yourself and others.
- Report any accident whether minor or major.
Scope of Position:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. They may be subject to change at any time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Nobis Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drugs Don't Work worksite and a participant in e-Verify
Keyword: General Clerk
From: Nobis Works