St. Mary's Good Samaritan RN - Wound Healing Center in Centralia, Illinois
Office Nurse/RN Specialty - Wound Healing Center- will work in the office only under the supervision of the unit director, WOCNs or WCCs and the doctor. Provides assessments and patient care. Accurately and thoroughly documents in the medical record. Works closely with the patient, significant others and ancillary staff. Provides administrative support by performing a variety of clerical duties to support Wound Healing Centers including receptionist and secretarial functions. This RN may work at both campuses, Centralia and Mt. Vernon.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and willingness to work with others in a team approach, as well as the ability to use computer and willingness to learn to enter charges.
- Consistently collects clinical information from other agencies, referring providers, hospital departments, etc. and proper documentation for provider in chart. Prepares reports for provider’s review and stamps reports indicating date of receipt per protocol.
- Maintains exam rooms by cleaning and stocking them as needed. Monitor supplies and assist in ordering of supplies as necessary. Prepare instruments for sterilization.
- Constantly maintains a safe work environment by adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and organization, complying with all regulatory requirements, appropriately operating equipment, following established infection control guidelines and reporting safety hazards.
- Schedules patients for testing and procedures and follow up appointments as ordered by provider. Makes referrals to specialist and other providers per provider request and documents referral information in patient chart.
- Provides patient care as needed. Assisting with transferring pts, assessments, wound care and documenting care provided. Assisting doctor with procedures as needed.
- Accurately prepares, maintains and disassembles patient charts. Assists with copying any needed forms to be sent to medical records.
- Enters charges correctly. Schedules patients working with central scheduling. Orders supplies for center as needed.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly manner, identifying self, title and department correctly. Takes and relays messages to the appropriate person.
- Assists with chart audits and collecting information to track Wound Healing Center data and goals.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- CPR certification
- 1 year experience
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
Primary Location: Illinois-Centralia-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Centralia
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 16016806