Comcast Technician 3, VOD in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the end-to-end of lifecycle of content via the VOD
system. This includes, but is not limited to: successfully preparing all
media, metadata, schedules, and verifying incoming content; scheduling
and pitching outgoing content; and confirming receipt of content at
customer location. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own
area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Consolidates and organizes results data and accurately interprets data
and conclude results.
-Acquires and maintains through knowledge of all aspects of interactive
media products and the systems used in operations.
- Resolves and coordinates issues with customers, affiliates and other
internal organizations with limited supervision.
- Escalates critical issues to management and third parties to avoid
- Defines operational and support requirements for applications, systems
and network technologies.
- Regulates the fidelity, brightness, and contrast of video
transmissions, using video console control panels.
-Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through
which programming will be transmitted.
- Reports equipment problems, ensures that repairs are made, and makes
emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
-Records sound; checks its quality and makes adjustments where
-Prepares reports outlining past and future programs, including content.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical Certificate
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer