Comcast Sr. Analyst, Forecasting in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
As a member of the Marketing group's reporting and analysis team, this position is responsible for supporting the reporting and analysis aspects of marketing and sales efforts by providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting as well as a variety of financial data to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- This position will gather requirements, design, and create recurring as well as ad-hoc data, reporting and analysis to support design, execution and measurement of sales and marketing efforts.
- Work with manager, other analysts and internal marketing clients to prioritize and execute reports, dashboards, and analysis related to sales and marketing initiatives.
- Proactively work with users to ensure reports are meeting business needs.
- Create analytic/tracking reports to help provide insight, measurement and marketing strategy for Marketing leads.
- Track customer behavior such as response, churn, product selection, etc.
- Prepare, analyzes and distribute recurring and ad hoc reporting/analysis to monitors budget-to-actual results across various marketing channels.
- Interface with Corporate reporting teams to help ensure consistency and clarity of similar data sets/reports created between groups
- Prepare analysis with EXCEL (including some VB scripting, Macro development, Pivot Tables, and advanced lookup functions).
- Provide recommendations to management/Marketing Leads for additional reports, tracking tools and other metrics
- Analyze data to isolate risks and opportunities
- Supports maintenance, management and accuracy of the departmental databases
- Benchmark product subscriber, driver, and sales channel trends across regions and divisions with a focus on identifying best practices and areas of opportunity.
- Assist in creating, validating, and loading subscriber forecasts
- Assist with budget process including building budget models, loading budgets into budget system, validating budget system, revisions to Budget Assumptions Template and providing supporting analysis through budget process
- Support Marketing Sciences efforts through both quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Support Competitive Intelligence efforts through both quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis capabilities.
- Requires ability to write SQL queries to extract data from billing system and marketing COMET database. Knowledge of SAS is beneficial.
- Demonstrated knowledge of/experience with CSG Systems, including their Report Management System and Vantage product
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer