Indian Health Service Medical Support Assistant in Cass Lake, Minnesota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Cass Lake, MN
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 10/7/2016 (17 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (0 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Bemidji Area, Cass Lake Indian Health Service, Division of Administrative Services, Business Office, Cass Lake, Minnesota. The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Dental Clinic by coordinating patient care and managing referrals to outside providers. The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Interviews patients to obtain pertinent registration information.
- Assists patient in completing new or updated forms for the RPMS Patient Registration System.
- Determines the eligibility of patients seeking healthcare.
- Obtains and verifies third party coverage.
- Obtains signatures on required forms for alternate resources and contract health services.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
- GS-04: One (1) year of general experience; AND/OR, Two (2) years above high school.
- GS-05: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least a GS-04 grade level; AND/OR, Four (4) years above high school.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels and positions for which both education and experience are acceptable. GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. EXAMPLES OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience with standardized Medical records procedures, methods and requirements to perform interviews with patient to obtain information. Experience with department procedures for properly arranging patients appointments, chart etc. and initialing medical forms such as medical referrals to specific departments in order to avoid conflicts in patient care. Knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974 and the use of confidential information and health records as an integral part of the interviewing office function and the privacy of individuals, which must be protected to the fullest extent possible. Must be able to communicate effectively. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Monday, October 24, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Males over the age of 18, and born after December 31, 1959, are required to be registered with the Selective Service System (or have an exemption) in order to be eligible for employment with the Federal Government.
- A one/two-year probationary/trial period may be required upon selection/placement.
- Position is covered by PL 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Government housing is not available.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $28,886.00 to $42,012.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0679-04/05
Promotion Potential: 05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 452932600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-BJ-1819157-ESEP/MP