HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Infection Prevention, Registered Nurse (RN) in Cartersville, Georgia
Cartersville Medical Center is a 112-bed acute care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, Certified Total Joint program and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program facility accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women’s Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Advanced Wound Healing Center provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for the hospital-wide management of the Infection Surveillance Prevention and Control Program. The ultimate goal is to identify and reduce risk of endemic, epidemic, and hospital acquired infections, for neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients. Will identify Healthcare Acquired infections and activities to reduce risks for Healthcare Acquired infections; maintain knowledge of infection control aspects of all clinical departments Standard of Care; maintain cost effectiveness in evaluation of all Infection Control Standards of Care; maintain current knowledge of Hospital, Federal, State and local laws, OSHA and requirements pertaining to infection control; function as infection control consultant for staff, physicians, volunteers, students and contract employees; utilize effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courtesy and timely manner and Demonstrate organizational ability and sound judgment. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- 5 years acute care setting experience.
- 3 years experience as an infection prevention practitioner.
- A working knowledge of infection surveillance and control functions including epidemiological principles and infectious disease, sterilization, sanitation and disinfection practices.
- Knowledge of external regulatory requirements (the Joint Commission), excellent customer service skills and a working knowledge of adult education principles and patient care practices.
- Effective communication skills and positive customer service skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Attendance of CDC and/or APIC training course on surveillance of Healthcare Acquired infections.
- Certification in Infection Control preferred or obtained within 3 years.
- Computer experience required.
Title: Director of Infection Prevention, Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6116