HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cook (FT) in Cartersville, Georgia
_Cartersville Medical Center_
Cartersville Medical Center, a fully-accredited, 112-bed general acute-care hospital that provides medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, orthopaedic and outpatient services to Cartersville, Georgia and surrounding areas.
Cartersville Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal accreditation for the Inpatient Diabetes program. Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center and the Breast Imaging Center have also been achieved.
Cartersville Medical Centeris currently looking for aFull-Time Cook.
Shifts vary from 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., rotating weekends.
Must smile and make eye contact.The primary responsibility of the Cook is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. Other responsibilities include:
* Following recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
* The food presentation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for culinary use.
* May be expected to taste products, read menus/recipes, estimate food requirements, checks production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements as needed.
* May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
* The Cook may clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all client and regulatory rules and procedures.
* Supervision may assign other duties as needed including supervising and training other cooks and kitchen employees.
* Responsible for food preparation for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
* Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
* Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. * Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. * Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Health care food service experience preferred.
- Previous knowledge of accepted food service techniques, sanitation and safety preferred.
Title: Cook (FT)
Location: Georgia-Cartersville-Cartersville Medical Center-Cartersville
Requisition ID: 08625-6008