Macy's **Seasonal Holiday Retail Customer Experience** Part Time: Macy's Capital City in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
* Job Overview: *
A Seasonal Customer Experience Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, creating an exceptional MAGIC shopping experience, completing POS transactions inclusive of credit and Plenti enrollment, and delivering a clean, neat, and easy to shop environment. A Seasonal Customer Experience Associate is also responsible for unpacking new merchandise when delivered, replenishing merchandise as needed, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events, and picking and packing of fulfilment orders.
Essential Functions: *
• Provide an exceptional MAGIC customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority • Service the customer i n a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Plenti enrollment, and helping her to find what she is looking for • Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment • Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own • Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection • Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care • Handle all returns courteously and professionally • Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible • Deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards • Process and replenish merchandise per merchandising standards onto the sales floor • Process damages, non-congruent transfers, store initiated transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise • M ar k correct price on merchandise based on price changes and markdowns • Execute set-up and removal of signs timely and accurately • Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures • Participate in physical inventory process and follow shortage prevention initiatives • Perform these functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by a Supervisor • Perform other duties as necessary • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- * • No specific educational accomplishment is required. No experience is required.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other Skills: *
• Possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
• Possess a thirst for learning. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Camp Hill
Job: Non-Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71151617