Riverside Community Care Driver for The Family After School Program - Part Time - Fee For Service On Call/As Needed in Cambridge / Somerville, Massachusetts
Great opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Driver for The Family After School Program!
The Driver is responsible for transporting (picking up and dropping off) children via a staff monitored van from school to the program, and from the program home.
The driver will:
- Arrive daily at the program site (currently 5 Sacramento St., Cambridge MA) by 2:00pm, pick up a staff monitor and travel to the Somerville Public Schools to pick up children, then drop them off back at the site
- On half-days, school vacation weeks, and summer vacation (excluding major holidays), the driver will pick children up at their homes in Cambridge and Somerville
- Be available at 5 pm daily to arrive back at the program to transport a small group of children with a staff monitor to their homes, then return to the program for a 2nd trip by 5:30pm, transport those children home, finally returning back to the program to drop off the staff monitor
- Collaborate with the Program Director and staff monitors as needed around adjusting routes and time frames
- Keep the van clean and in good repair
- Take van for normal maintenance procedures
- Read and follow procedures as detailed in Riverside’s policy manuals and program policies and procedures
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts
- Attend all required trainings and administrative meetings as relevant to transporting special needs children
- Attend any scheduled supervision meetings as needed, coming to the meetings prepared, and utilize feedback constructively to improve performance as needed
This is a Fee For Service On Call / As Needed position.
- Knowledge of age appropriate car seating for children required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Must have or be willing to acquire a valid 7D driver’s license and meet the criteria for same Required Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required
Tracking Code: 1389-709
Job Location: Cambridge / Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Part-Time