Harvard University Staff Assistant in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Staff Assistant, University Planned Giving
Alumni Affairs and Development
Alumni Affairs and Development
Alumni Affairs & Development
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support the frontline fundraising activities of UPG: pull and organize prospect lists from Advance database; identify potential prospects; facilitate and organize travel in support of the Exec. Director and Philanthropic Advisor; coordinate trip and visit follow up.
2. Prepare, edit and proofread confidential, high-level gift proposals and other correspondence, articles, reports, spreadsheets, graphs and presentations; utilize planned giving software to prepare proposals.
3. Research and produce confidential, high-level and high-impact reports on all aspects of planned giving to inform or advance strategic priorities at the direction of the Exec. Director, including: data reporting and analyses; and white papers on various areas of strategic interest in the area of planned giving.
4. Respond to queries from planned giving colleagues around Harvard and furnish them with relevant research and reports at the direction of the Exec. Director.
5. Help manage school donor legacy societies as needed. Prepare stewardship correspondence; manage society lists in multiple databases; coordinate and work with schools on various legacy society needs.
6. Research a wide variety of gift and academic areas, including gift terms and other sensitive records, to address questions: from donors and their advisors; and about donors and gift agreements for the Exec. Director and Philanthropic Advisor. Includes producing executive summaries of complex or sensitive gift terms and communicating with donors, together with the Exec. Director and/or Philanthropic Advisor, as needed.
7. Work collaboratively with the Events and Communications teams on behalf UPG to manage and execute all event logistics for four regional prospecting events and one stewardship event each year: designing invitation pools; city, venue, and host prospecting; communications; seating; event briefings and communications with internal staff; follow up communications, etc. Communicate frequently with event attendees and hosts as well as colleagues regarding event logistics. Make recommendations to the Exec. Director for programmatic and logistical changes to support the ongoing success and value of UPG events.
8. Develop and manage systems to identify potential new planned giving prospects through use of multiple on-line databases; implement new prospect engagement strategies; organize and track prospect reports for UPG frontline fundraisers.
9. Contribute to the UPG Office Policy & Procedures Manual and reporting projects, as needed, including developing and documenting new reporting processes.
Two or more years related office experience. Exceptional customer service skills and strong attention to detail are necessary. Microsoft Office proficiency required. Must occasionally work additional and evening hours. May be required to work during some designated University holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.