Riverside Community Care Driver for The Family After School Program - Part Time - Fee For Service On Call/As Needed in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Great opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Driver for The Family After School Program!
The Driver is responsible for transporting (picking up and dropping off) children via a staff monitored van from school to the program, and from the program home.
The driver will:
- Arrive daily at the program site (currently 5 Sacramento St., Cambridge MA) by 2:00pm, pick up a staff monitor and travel to the Somerville Public Schools to pick up children, then drop them off back at the site
- On half-days, school vacation weeks, and summer vacation (excluding major holidays), the driver will pick children up at their homes in Cambridge and Somerville
- Be available at 5 pm daily to arrive back at the program to transport a small group of children with a staff monitor to their homes, then return to the program for a 2nd trip by 5:30pm, transport those children home, finally returning back to the program to drop off the staff monitor
- Collaborate with the Program Director and staff monitors as needed around adjusting routes and time frames
- Keep the van clean and in good repair
- Take van for normal maintenance procedures
- Read and follow procedures as detailed in Riverside’s policy manuals and program policies and procedures
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts
- Attend all required trainings and administrative meetings as relevant to transporting special needs children
- Attend any scheduled supervision meetings as needed, coming to the meetings prepared, and utilize feedback constructively to improve performance as needed
This is a Part Time Fee For Service On Call / As Needed position.
- Knowledge of age appropriate car seating for children required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Must have or be willing to acquire a valid 7D driver’s license and meet the criteria for same Required Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 1389-709
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Part-Time