CB&I Material Control in Byron, Illinois
Title: Material Control
Location: United States-Illinois-Byron
Responsible for all engineered equipment and material
Coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing, and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, cranes, hoists, or industrial trucks
Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability. Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
Apply knowledge of site layout and material-handling equipment and procedures
Studies receiving or shipping notices and reports of warehousing space available to develop schedule for material handling activities.
May confer with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials.
May verify or prepare records.
May supervise activities of shipping and receiving personnel.
Will assist in overall setup of lay down areas, storage facilities, temporary fencing, etc.
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing a Logistics program to ensure compliance with federal and state agencies and contractual requirements from the design phase through the disposal phase
- Oversee shipping and receiving, inventory management, transportation, warehousing and property management. Insure proper interface and coordination with field operations.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and accurate inventory control system for inventory transactions, cycle counts and general stockroom practices
• Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area.
• Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area.
• Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements.
• Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives.
• Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by manager.
• Resolves routine problems using defined processes and own experience.
•10-15 years’ experience with large warehousing on similar construction projects
• Computer and supervisory skills
- Nuclear experience is preferred.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Craft Administration
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 10:28:56 AM
Requisition ID: 1618094