CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Accounting Associate in Buffalo, Minnesota
We are seeking a Tax/Accounting Associate for our Buffalo, MN office. As an Associate, you will provide tax and accounting services to clients. You will utilize your accounting educational background and previous work or internship experience to assist in all stages of an engagement or project, providing support and leverage to seniors and managers.
- Support a variety of accounting functions for clients including financial statements, bank reconciliations, completing sales tax returns, and more on occasion.
- Develop working knowledge of appropriate accounting software.
- Complete account reconciliations to be reviewed by supervisor.
- Prepare financial statements to be reviewed by supervisor.
- Prepare tax returns with the tax team.
- Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and results to supervisors.
- Handles routine client tax questions and works with client to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Complete tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries. Expand industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required ( BS/BA Accounting degrees preferred).
- 1-3+ years of experience providing accounting and financial or tax services.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Works cooperatively with others and values the different contributions people make.
- Focus efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
- Ability to travel to client sites
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1267
Title: Accounting Associate