Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse 4 (LPN) in Buckley, Washington
Are you a compassionate and friendly LPN who loves helping people? Do you have a genuinely open, caring and amicable personality? If so, this could be your next long term role!!
The Department of Social and Health Services, Developmental Disabilities Administration is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to join their team of professionals at Rainier Residential Habilitation Center in Buckley, Washington.
In this role you will be the shift charge and you will participate in providing nursing care to one or more units under the supervision of a registered nurse. You will train, assist and direct the LPN staff within a Program Area Team (PAT) nursing area. You will assign daily medication/treatment house assignments for the PAT. As the clinic nurse for the PAT, you will assist with procedures and assessments with medical and higher level nursing staff.
In addition to the salary, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) at Rainier Residential Habilitation Center receive an annual $1000 educational allowance. We are also offering flexible schedules and a benefit package that rivals any employer in Washington State.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Assign and facilitate related medication post duties, i.e., monthly nursing summaries, ordering supplies, and cleansing schedules.
- Provide training, direction and instruction regarding nursing care to LPNs.
- Provide orientation training and mentoring of new nursing staff as well as on-going training of current staff.
- Provide direction, training and assistance as needed in the care administered by AC staff.
- Confer with RN supervisor/manager regarding LPNs assignments, performance, etc., and facilitate the RN supervisors' directives.
- Member of an emergency responding to all medical emergencies and collaborating with the members of the community EMS, if summoned.
- Assist physician with physical exams.
- Able to clearly communicate assessment and concerns to physician by phone the promptly transcribe and carry out physicians orders for all medications and treatments.
- Administer medications orally and parenterally, as ordered.
What we're looking for
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers, clients, and the public.
- Ability to follow Physician's and RN's written and oral directions.
- Ability to show patience, tolerance, and respect towards others, especially those who may demonstrate a variety of behavior and/or physical or personal needs.
- Willingness to learn/acquire new skills, knowledge and methods of providing training habilitation and other supports and services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and personnel information.
- Has knowledge and is able to administer medications as ordered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Who should apply?
Professionals in possession of a valid (current) license to practice within the state of Washington,
Two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Some jobs may require a full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions on this project 10311, please contact Sharon Sterling at (360) 725-5861 or via email Sharon.email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10311 B155
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/25/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,721.00 - $4,879.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA