HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Quality Management in Brooksville, Florida
Oak Hill Hospital, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, is a 234-acute care hospital in the community of Brooksville. Our experienced healthcare team is dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients faster than any hospital in the county. We are the area’s second largest private employer and offer the only comprehensive heart program in Hernando County.
Located near the family-friendly town of Brooksville, Oak Hill Hospital is situated on Florida’s Nature Coast, which offers fishing, boating, bird watching and hiking. Join us and see why we’re excited to be in one of Florida’s fastest growing counties.
The Director of Quality Management provides direction to ensure the facilitation and utilization of diverse strategies and communication for quality and performance improvement in accordance with organizational, regulatory and accreditation body requirements.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the organizational wide direction and facilitation of performance assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Quality/Performance Improvement program in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
* Utilizes, integrates, and interprets data to assist organization in its improvement efforts, and promote optimal patient outcomes. Works collaboratively with Senior Management to develop strategic quality initiatives.
* Leads organizational performance efforts for JCAHO, core quality measures, COP and regulatory and all other accrediting and regulatory agencies. * Ensures compliance with JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
* Continuously prioritizes organizational Quality/Performance Improvement management needs based upon assessment and reassessment of findings/data or populations served. * Acts as an active member of peer review committees; analyzes cases and outcome data and collaborates with physicians to promote and improve practice and optimal patient outcomes.
* Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
* Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
* Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, environmental and infection control standards.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues. * Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm. #-LI-KB1FL
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related field.
Three-five years of experience in a healthcare environment. Previous experience in accreditation, quality, utilization management, or risk management required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Previous experience in a nursing and/or administration role preferred.
Current FL RN license
CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) OR CHCQM (Diploma in American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians) Individuals without CPHQ or ABQUARP will be granted a 12 month grace period to obtain CPHQ or ABQAURP to obtain, if all other qualifications are met.
Title: Director of Quality Management
Location: Florida-Brooksville-Oak Hill Hospital - Spring Hill
Requisition ID: 00643-6154