Acacia Network License Practical Nurse in Bronx, New York
Acacia Network, a progressive organization servicing communities across New York State is the 2nd largest Hispanic nonprofit organization in the country. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
*We are seeking a dynamic Licensed Practical Nurse for our Acute Care Skilled Nursing Facility. *
Description: Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Licensed Practicing Nurse is responsible for designing and executing individualized nursing assessments for the care comprehensive care plans for clients, and for the delivery of care to clients who have established comprehensive care plans.
- Follow accepted standards of nursing practice in providing direct care, performing procedures, and using equipment. Ensures that the findings of the nursing assessment, the comprehensive care plan, and recommendations for nursing follow-up are documented dated, and signed in the client’s record
- Assesses clients at the time of intake, and then on an on-going basis. If new medical or nursing needs are apparent, communicates these to the client’s Primary Care Provider
- Coordinates all necessary client services with other interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process
- Provides nursing care to clients on a routine and crisis basis
- Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities
- Administers STAT medication and inoculations and renders treatment as prescribed by Primary Care Provider
- Participates in the formulation and evaluation of effectiveness of nursing standards within the department and participates in appropriate Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- As a part of the initial evaluation and the 90-day reassessment, reviews client’s medical history including medication
- Verifies with Primary Care Provider that client is receiving PCP prophylaxis
- With the Medical Director, maintains adequate infection control standards
- Ensures the provision and coordination of staff teaching regarding prevention, transmission, risk reduction and risk elimination strategies for HIV/AIDS
- Conducts group and individual education for clients related to HIV medication adherence
- Carries out established policies and procedures for medication and treatment administration
- Make daily rounds to evaluate condition of all residents
- Administers or assists with personal hygiene, nursing care and rehabilitative measures in compliance with nursing and medical orders
- Prepares admission and discharge forms for residents to and from the hospital
- Admits new residents and completes admission forms and nurses notes; orients residents to new environment
- Assists the medical rounds preparation for examination
- Documents pertinent information regarding resident conditions as per policy/procedure
Benefits: As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
- Culturally aware of and sensitive to the special needs of the Latino population.
- Experience working in a setting that promotes interdisciplinary care planning and complementary therapies.
- LPN certification
Location: Bronx, NY
Category: Long Term Care
Job Type: Employee
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)