Acacia Network Dental Care Coordinator in Bronx, New York
Acacia Network, a progressive organization servicing communities across New York State is the 2nd largest Hispanic nonprofit organization in the country. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
Acacia Network is seeking a dynamic* Dental Care Coordinator*to join our team.
POSITION OVERVIEW: * *
The Dental Care Coordinator will spend time getting to know the patient and learning about their specific dental needs and goals, supporting the dental patient throughout the process and welcoming new patients. The Dental Care Coordinator may conduct a preliminary exam and relay information to the dentist prior to the clinical exam. Depending on the dentist's evaluation, the Dental Care Coordinator will plan care coordination.
- Organize a comprehensive Dental treatment plan
- Set a follow-up consultation with the patient
- Present Dental treatment plans to the Dentist
- Discuss with patient insurance/sliding fee scale needs and/or financial options
- Provide patient customer care and support
- Review and identify daily appointments that are high risk patients
- Enroll patients into care coordination care
- Outreach patients to Behavioral Health needs
- Provide clerical and administrative support services
- Participates in Patient-Centered Medical Home team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates health and disease education
- Supports patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions
- Conducts comprehensive, preventive screenings for patients and/or assists all support staff in daily patient interaction as needed
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans
- Evaluates clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms, and procedures
Benefits: As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- AA/AS in Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in medical office setting
- Intermediate use of standard Microsoft Office & Internet required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English); strongly preferred
Location: Bronx, NY
Category: Health Care
Job Type: Employee
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)