Sparboe Farms Maintenance Technician in Britt, Iowa
Processing team members work in a modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Eggs are processed 7 days/week. Full time and day shift available.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
TITLE: Maintenance Technician I
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Maintenance Technician position supports production efficiencies by managing the maintenance and repair of all complex processing machinery, equipment and supporting systems. They will perform hands-on preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of mechanical systems on a daily basis.
- Safety first. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Ensure performance rates and product quality meet established specifications and highest standards. Understands what ideal conditions required for machinery and complex, working towards maintaining them at all times. Identifies issues and problems and points them out to processing leads and managers.
- Performs preventative maintenance following standards and schedules as outlined in the Maintenance program. This includes lubrication, adjustments and cleaning.
- Supports complex and company safety programs and initiatives by ensuring that all machinery and employees are working as safely as possible. This includes ensuring all machinery safety features and equipment is functioning properly at all times. Immediately resolves safety issue or contacts management when safety is being compromised.
- Controls downtime by managing and performing routine preventative maintenance and operation techniques; monitoring compliance and reporting to supervisor as necessary. Provides mechanical maintenance and other general information as necessary to prevent equipment damage.
- Manages maintenance of machinery so that it is running as safely as possible. Ensures that all safety features and equipment are functioning properly at all times.
- Provides ongoing training to Maintenance team, complex management and others on proper use, maintenance and repair of machinery.
- Develops and manages master plan for routine schedule of ongoing proper maintenance and cleaning. Manages parts inventory, ensuring that all necessary parts are in stock at all times.
- Complete major repairs and/or installations to machinery and equipment. Assists and works with Director of Processing and Corporate Maintenance Technician in planning for and installation of new equipment and large repair projects. Reads and interprets schematic drawings and diagrams required to perform installation, repairs, maintenance and training on equipment.
- Perform general complex maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- HS diploma with college coursework and/or training in electronics and mechanics. 2 year Technical degree preferred. Has a minimum of 7 years technical experience in manufacturing or food processing industry and has ability and interest in learning. Understands electronics, and can use computers and systems which drive and support equipment. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, electrical components and robotics.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and internal groups/teams, while providing leadership and coaching as appropriate and necessary. Ability to work with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborative; ability to influence people in all roles, levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership, operational and analytical skills.
- Ability to discern quickly, capture the essence of a problem and make sound judgments from minimal information. Ability to translate observations into actionable plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and proven project management and continuous improvement experience and coordination of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Open and direct communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work long days, weekends and work scheduled times and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate easily with supervisors and team members. Ability read and write English.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Work on feet for 8 or more hours per day.
- Work 5- 6 days per week.
HOW TO APPLY: In person, online or by email Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm Email: Sparboe.Careers@sparboe.com 1981 Iowa Ave. Britt, IA 50423
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer highp
Requisition Number: 16-0198
Post Date: 10/10/2016
Title: Maintenance Technician