HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Women's Services Full Time in Brigham City, Utah
Renders professional nursing care to maternity patients and newborns and individualizes patient care through use of the nursing process for patients. Demonstrates professional conduct and accountability while supporting the hospital mission and philosophy. This level designates clinical RNs who choose to become experts within their specialty. Demonstrates clinical expertise in the following areas: antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and newborns.
1. Accountable for adhering to BCCH mission including meeting behavioral expectations (compassion, caring and confidentiality), providing excellence in health care delivery, supporting dignity of all persons (empowerment) and responsible stewardship of resources.
2. Utilizes effective assessment skills to perform physical and psychosocial assessments for routine patients, obtaining and reviewing relevant data, recognizing the scope of nursing practice and clinical limitations and correlating assessment findings in identifying patient problems with others.
3. Establishes nursing plan of care that incorporates patient, family and other health team members; updates patient plan of care based on ongoing assessment and develops a patient teaching plan based on identified learning needs and establishes short and long term goals that include discharge planning.
4. Provides professional nursing care, monitors quality of care for patients and provides pertinent clinical data to other health team members to facilitate collaborative practice.
5. Evaluates patient's progress toward goal achievement and response to nursing interventions and revises the plan of care based on the patient response to nursing intervention. Evaluates and documents comprehension of patient/family to teaching plan and revises plan accordingly. 6. Provides education and guidance to patient, family, community, students and other health care providers. Serves as a resource for other RNs, LPNs and technicians and directs the patient-related care given by other health care providers. 7. Demonstrates ability to manage and coordinate patient care, coordinates patient care on a unit level, demonstrates effective crisis intervention skills and assists peers in establishing priorities in the delivery of patient care. 8. Documents care given by recording assessments, nursing care, observations and patient's progress using the nursing process. 9. Demonstrates professional conduct and accountability, assists in collecting data for Quality Assurance studies or participates in nursing committees, maintains membership in a professional nursing organization and/or participates in a health-related organization or community service. 10. Demonstrates ongoing professional growth and development by attending mandatory hospital in-services, plus completing one of the following annually: 20 contact hours or 2 CEU's in a work related area, 3 work related quarter hours or 2 work related semester hour. 11. Accountable for the Principal activities of Level I CNs. 12. Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors and co-workers and if classified as a category I or II employee under OSHA regulations, adheres to OSHA standards by wearing personal protective equipment, following universal precautions and being knowledgeable about blood borne pathogens. 13. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Current UT RN license.
- Graduate from an Associate Degree Nursing program or higher.
- 6 months clinical experience required.
- Women's Services experience preferred.
Title: Registered Nurse - Women's Services Full Time
Location: Utah-Brigham City-Brigham City Community Hospital
Requisition ID: 00079-32738