HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Staff Accountant Level I in Brentwood, Tennessee
Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part ofHCA (Fortune 75) the world’s largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG isto practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care.
With over 13,000 employees nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 800 physician practices and have over 9 million patient encounters annually.
Through partnerships and collaborations with our practice management, PSG Staff Accountants provide a ground level, detailed view of each practice’s accounting status. The work our accountants perform is crucial to leadership as they review and evaluate practice operations. Career opportunities are extensive for top talent. With a department of over 200, PSG has a dedicated training team who provide not only the latest in industry updates, but work with accounting leadership to help each team member progress and prosper. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today’s leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group. In this role our Staff Accountants areresponsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of practice operations and support of practice management.Accountants maintain multiple general ledgers andprepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
In addition to the duties described in the primary job description Staff Accountants have responsibilities which include:
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management in the review of monthly operating performance.
- Prepare monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate practice management personnel.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all Balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Prepare and submit annual personal property tax and Sales & Use tax returns, as required.
- Perform timely internal compliance audits for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and A/R (CBO), as directed
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and / or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
The knowledge, skills and abilities we seek include: * Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems * Knowledge of the financial accounting process * Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information * Knowledge of accounting information systems * Effective organizational skills including the ability to work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines * Ability to analyze financial reports Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports
EDUCATION -Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Accounting is required. Other business related fields may be considered
EXPERIENCE –Two years of progressive accounting experience; preferably in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of healthcare accounting experience.
Title: Staff Accountant Level I
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-HCAPS Services
Requisition ID: 07169-1000 CORP