Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 in Bremerton, Washington
Not just a profession...do you believe in opening doors and transforming lives? Join us today and be part of our hard-working team of professionals that provide services to the over age 18 vulnerable adult populations!
In this role you will investigate reports of abandonment, abuse, financial exploitation, and neglect. We need you to bring your professional knowledge and skills to advocate for disabled or vulnerable adults. Your success will be measured through gathering objective, timely and thorough details, and assisting individuals with services that maintain their safety and dignity.
Some of what you'll do*:*
- Conduct face-to face interviews with clients in their residence, investigating allegations of abuse, neglect, self-neglect, abandonment, and/or exploitation.
- Conduct interviews with alleged perpetrators.
- Collect and evaluate relevant information to make decisions related to investigation, services and outcomes.
- Provide client advocacy, consultation, networking, family support and crisis intervention.
- Coordinate with staff, judicial entities, families, facilities, local office staff, other regional offices and community agencies/partners regarding needs of clients served.
- Interview collateral contacts to gather additional information.
- Record and document case activity and complete forms and reports.
- Identify situations presenting risk to vulnerable children and/or adults and refer to Child Protective Services, and/or the Complaint Resolution Unit.
Participate in on-going training, meetings and provide community education on APS programs. * What we are looking for*
Knowledge of Medicaid terminology, regulations and policies a plus.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care programs and policy.
- Knowledge of DSHS database systems such as payment systems and service authorization procedures (MMIS, SSPS, CARE, Barcode and ACES online). Who should apply? Professionals who have one year of paid experience assessing risk and safety to vulnerable adults or children, AND one of the following:
One year as a Social Service Specialist 2.
A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences or an allied field and two years of paid social service experience equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2.
A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behaviorally sciences or an allied field, and three years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2.
NOTE: A two year Master's degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
NOTE: Employee's must successfully complete the formal training course sponsored by their division within one year of the appointment.
Apply today for job 10327 and provide a complete application specifying your work experience.
For questions about this opportunity, contact Dave Ozment at 360-725-5843 or email@example.com. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10327 TM26E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/6/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Kitsap County – Bremerton, WA