HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Neonatal Intensive Care PRN in Brandon, Florida
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 438-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU.
Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain Center * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care * Women's & Children's Center
Join our friendly community hospital with its close-knit staff of caring professionals located just south of Tampa and discover how we care.
The RN in the NICU provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Cares for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
Carries out physician orders.
Provides nutritional assessment and care to the infant.
Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Assocation required.
- Current NRP and PALS required.
- Previous experience in a Level 3 NICU required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. At HCA West Florida's 16 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com.
The Comprehensive Hospital System Serving West Florida Blake Medical Center Brandon Regional Hospital Citrus Memorial Hospital Doctors Hospital of Sarasota Englewood Community Hospital Fawcett Memorial Hospital Largo Medical Center Memorial Hospital of Tampa Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute Oak Hill Hospital Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Palms of Pasadena South Bay Hospital St. Petersburg General Hospital Tampa Community Hospital Trinity Medical Center
Title: Registered Nurse RN Neonatal Intensive Care PRN
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-10408