HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Rehab Unit FT Days in Brandon, Florida
The Director of Rehabilitation Services has the overall responsibility of supervision, coordination, and administration of the Physical, Occupational, and Speech
Therapy Departments. The position reviews, supervises and directs the functions of the Rehabilitation Services to facilitate appropriate and adequate patient careprovides Orthopedic Service Line oversight including assuring working relationships with orthopedic surgeons and nursing staff.
· Demonstrates twenty four hour responsibility and accountability for practice, quality of care and services within assigned department.
· Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
· Ensures patient assessment and therapy is appropriate, accurate and patient specific. Ensures documentation of care is timely, accurate, and complete.
· Continually applies the principles of continuous quality improvement through monitoring, measuring, assessing, and reporting quality indicators and trends to improve patient outcomes or prevent patient injury.
· Demonstrates responsibility and accountability to ensure that the department is compliance with all legal, regulatory and accrediting agencies, i.e., JCAHO requirements. Ensures department documents IP/OP changes and reports billing in accordance with HCA Guidelines.
· Ensures department contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
· Collaborates, shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other appropriate members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress and treatment.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety.
· Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy.
· Minimum of five years' experience as a Physical Therapist Previous experience in rehabilitation management required. Knowledge of therapy equipment required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
· Current FL Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy license required.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Organizational, Verbal/Follow verbal instructions, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar and Spelling, Read Comprehend Follow written instructions, Excellent communication skills, Management and Planning skills. Computer skills.
Title: Director Rehab Unit FT Days
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-9970