HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Hyperbaric Tech PRN in Bradenton, Florida
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Certified Hyperbaric Technician? Become part of an awarding team of Certified Hyperbaric Technician here at Blake Hospital. Blake Hospital is currently seeking a Certified Hyperbaric Technician the HBO Program-Burn Department. This Certified Hyperbaric Technician position is a full time days, no weekend position for a Certified Hyperbaric Technician. We have a dynamic team of Certified Hyperbaric Technician on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Certified Hyperbaric Technician to the team. Our team of Certified Hyperbaric Technician take pride in nursing.
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health.
Certified Hyperbaric Technician
- Performs oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by physician. Observes the patient and the hyperbaric systems during the course of oxygen treatments. Reports unusual occurrences to physician.
- Accurately documents patient condition and the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and all associated systems/equipment to meet hospital, department and regulatory requirements.
- Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education programs and orients hospital and other personnel to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Within scope of practice, communicates clearly and provides explanation of care in a way than can be easily understood by patients and their families.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Follows Universal Protocols, patient safety standards and performs any other duties or procedures, within scope of practice, as directed in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Graduate from paramedic or emergency technician, respiratory therapy, or hyperbaric technician program; and/or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 months experience in a hyperbaric environment
- CHS (Certified Hyperbaric Specialist) by American College of Hyperbaric Medicine (ACHM) or CHT - Certified Hyperbaric Tech by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
Title: Certified Hyperbaric Tech PRN
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: 00309-6513