General Motors Mnufacturing Engineer-Engne Performance Build Center 6/7 - MAN0021388 in Bowling Green, Kentucky
At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones.From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies.
Manufacturing engineer responsible for developing manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of components. Work is performed in an assembly plant environment, where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsible for :
• Manufacturing and assembly process definition
• Sequence of operations
• Human factors consideration
• Efficient material flow
• Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment, tooling and gaging required in plants for the production of high quality engine components
• Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
· Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology
· Supporting Throughput Improvement Teams (TIP)
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
•Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
• Strong knowledge and ability to implement lean manufacturing (GMS) principles
• Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
• Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
• Must be able to interface with customers in a professional and knowledge manner.
• Proven ability in project management skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of statistical methods as applied to process control
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Systems and Gauging Methods
• Demonstrated knowledge of PFMEAs and Control Plans, knowledge of Stature preferred
• Experience with Team Center and Parts Finder drawing management systems preferred
• Experience with the Maximo maintenance management systems preferred
• Experience with Engine Component and Assembly processes preferred including:
o Leak test processes and instrumentation
o Auto-manual Engine Assembly processes
o Auto-manual fastening equipment and processes
Engine test systems for analyzing ignition systems
oDemonstrate knowledge of torque process and procedures
o Must be able to work any shift
o Engine Balance machine
o Atlas Copco toolstalk software
• College degree with major in engineering
• 5 years of high precision engine machining and assembly experience preferred