General Motors Maintenance Supervisor - MAN0021265 in Bowling Green, Kentucky
At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones.From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies. Job
Description: Supervise a medium size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Executes safe work practices as the highest priority and achieves objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping.
- Ensures employees perform job responsibilities and empowers them to continuously improve their work by managing and eliminating constraints.
- Motivates, trains and develops employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
- Supervises construction and maintenance projects.
- Responsible for diagnosis and repair of equipment malfunctions.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
- Provides support to execute production schedules and product requirements by utilizing Competitive Manufacturing Processes with emphasis on variation reduction.
- Understands and consistently administers National and Local Agreements; participates in local labor relations activities.
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Develops and implements predictive and preventive maintenance activities through the Maximo System.
- Works with assigned personnel as required on current and future assembly processes.
- Communicates between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Implements Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Responds to suggestions promptly in writing.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with employees, union and management.
- Reduces waste by identifying and improving value-added tasks and eliminating non-value added tasks.
- Controls costs and achieves productivity improvements.
- Provides input to payroll and performs other administrative tasks as required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Skills & Abilities - Required
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Must be willing to work any Shift
Skills & Abilities – Preferred
- 2+ years manufacturing experience supervising skilled trades.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
- Completion of recommended Corporate training programs: Maximo, QNPM, GMS, GMTKS