HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit, Full-Time in Bountiful, Utah
P assionate about nursing, and challenged to achieve your potential, Lakeview Hospital is the place for you.
Lakeview Hospital is located in the residential community of Bountiful, Utah. We have a strong family feel and provide excellent patient care to our community. We have been identified as a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics for the second year in a row and won the Everest distinction in 2013. We have a nationally ranked Orthopedic Joint Replacement program and have 600 caregivers that are Committed to Caring. The facility is close to downtown Salt Lake City and has easy access to freeway, housing, shopping and schools. Lakeview Hospital's mission is to provide the quality of healthcare we want our closet loved ones to receive. Come to work at Lakeview where you will be valued and invested in.
At Lakeview Hospital, we are looking for people who are living out their calling by providing excellent patient care. Come join our hospital community and be part of a great team!
Registered Nurse Progressive Care:
Responsible for processing and coordinating the flow of updated patient information and unit activity. This position deals with confidential information of a critical nature on a routine basis.
- Complete nursing assessments on individual patients by observation and interaction with patient/significant others to identify physical and psychosocial.
- Does complete and accurate patient admission assessment within the guidelines by the Patient Care Policy on Physical Assessments.
- Completes prescribed nursing interventions and procedures within state practice guidelines.
- Evaluates and documents each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures. Assists in formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- Safely and accurately administers medication and IV solutions by utilizing e-MAR scanning. Acts in accordance with their professional licensure and hospital policy. Maintains patient safety during all aspects of nursing intervention and documents safety measures in patient's medical record.
- Responds appropriately to all emergencies, and follows standard precautions for all patients.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards that govern delivery of patient care in compliance with the established state, federal, corporate, hospital, and nursing department regulations and accreditation standards.
- This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category.
They must also be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families from birth to death according to standards.
Current licensure as an RN in the state of Utah or RN Compact license required.
- Current Basic Dysrhythmia ACLS and NIH Stoke Scale certification are required within first 6 months employment and ongoing, along with CPR for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Required to have graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Hospital mandatory education for employment in Critical Care.
- 6 months clinical nursing experience or the equivalent required.
- The employee will have frequent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other departments, patients and their families. They must have the sensitivity, maturity, and the ability to communicate with others.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit, Full-Time
Location: Utah-Bountiful-Lakeview Hospital
Requisition ID: 00068-32421