Pinkerton Operations Manager | Boston, MA in Boston, Massachusetts
The Operations Manager will oversee the operational functions for a specific geographic region. The Manager will support the Director on issues and concerns relative to administrative, employee development, sales, client satisfaction, and profitability.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- As directed, manage assigned security consultants, Investigators, part time employees, and contractors.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a timely and professional manner with special attention to quality and accuracy.
- Assist with on-going client service calls.
- Address client questions and/or concerns quickly and effectively.
- Analyze monthly profit and loss statements;
- Communicate with the Director regarding trends relative to fixed and variable costs and financial impact of present and anticipated business activity.
- Assist with the negotiations and preparation of client contracts.
- Assist with protective service details/assignments;
- Serve as the Pinkerton point of contact in support of clients’ ongoing projects.
- Serve as primary security consultant for the assigned geographic area;
- Work under the supervision of the Director to perform various investigative and protective details.
- Assist with general administrative functions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with at least five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in security management, executive protection, and general investigations.
- Able to solve complex problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong client and results orientation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Apply Current Employees Click Here