FleetPride Distribution Center Associate I in Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Pull and organize branch and customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Manually unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight and other production data on tags and labels.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Perform all tasks following safe behaviors and following all company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned Requirements Job requirements Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems. Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions. Reading Comprehension: Ability to read and understand in order to solve problems Understanding Measurements: Must be able to understand and calculate information using measurements (i.e. packs, feet, inches. pieces etc.) Detail Accuracy: Ability to accurately spot the differences and similarities in number sequences Teamwork: Ability to focus and work in a team environment as a leader or follower Understanding Measurements: Must be able to understand and calculate information using measurements ( i.e. packs, feet, pieces etc.) Language: Must be able to read and communicate in English
Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 50 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 50 lbs. Ability to stand and or walk for 8 hours per day.
Environmental / Physical Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety or composite shoes required from the first day of this job.
Education High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Professional Experience Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse, stockroom or inventory clerk.
Requisition Number:: 16-1047
Post Date:: 9/22/2016
Title:: Distribution Center Associate I
Job Type:: Full Time