Amazon.com Logistics Coordinator in Boardman, Oregon
The Logistics Coordinator reviews datacenter inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in the all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Datacenter Operations Technicians and Datacenter Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations.
Responsibilities can include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Coordinator will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
· Must be at least 18 years old
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to work overtime as required
· Able to read and take direction in English
· Must be able to lift loads of up to 39 pounds and carry them for short distances
· May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more.
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Work in a noisy environment
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Strong understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory and warehousing practices.
· Experience using metrics to perform analyses
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with producing process documentation
· Punctuality; excellent organizational skills for orderliness; and ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure department objectives are met
· Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to perform above minimum for extended periods of time
· Commitment to a culture of safety
AMZR Req ID: 441419