HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Operating Room (RN) in Blacksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (summary)* Under the direction of a Nursing Director or Clinical Leader
- Has demonstrated Clinical Judgment as evidenced by graduate of a school of nursing and has successfully passed board exam for licensure.
- The RN demonstrates the essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes though implementation of the nursing process of assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care within the scope of nursing practice per the guidelines of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Demonstrates competent or expert nursing skills.
- Demonstrates clinical wisdom through application knowledge.
- Documents effectively and succinctly in a timely fashion.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes to demonstrate clinical judgment with efficiency.
- Follows LGHM process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control.
- Resolves clinical problems that occur at the bedside and in the care environment.
- Questions and evaluates practice, creates practice changes through research utilization and experiential learning.
- Motivated to seek literature to answer questions, and brings best evidence to the bedside rather than relying on tradition.
- Completes annual educational requirements and other recommended learning activities.
- Demonstrates caring practices and engagement by creating a compassionate and therapeutic environment, promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness.
- Creates a safe environment for patients.
- Extends caring practices to all members of the care team with a compassionate attitude. Demonstrates timely pain assessment and reassessment.
- Coaches other members of the team as applicable.
Response to Diversity
- Demonstrates sensitivity and values and respects the diversity of patients and team members and incorporates differences within the provision of care.
- Works on behalf of and represents the concerns of the patient/family/community and may be demonstrated through Multidisciplinary Rounds.
- Serves as a moral agent in identifying and helping to appropriately resolve ethical and clinical concerns.
Facilitator of Learning
- Maintains and grows competency in response to the needs of patients and the organization.
- Supportive of a learning environment characterized by mentoring and team development.
- Teaches patients and families beginning with orienting patients and families to the environment and continuing throughout hospitalization until the last interaction where instructions for home and/or the next provider are accurately provided.
- Proficient oral and written skills.
- Communicates with oncoming nurses, as applicable, and employs SBAR, Bedside Reporting, I-TRACE or other approved method of communication.
- Communicates with patients, families, other healthcare providers, and colleagues, in a professional manner.
- Collaborates with multi and interdisciplinary teams and demonstrates ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Collaborates with patients and families and the healthcare team to create and maintain an individualized and efficient plan of care.
Systems’ Thinking * Adheres to and promotes the regulations that safeguard the care including but not limited to: National Patient Safety Goals, ANA Standards of Care, Safe Patient Handling, and the Joint Commission Guidelines. * Displays growth towards the ability to visualize the patient holistically and consequences of actions. * Supports and engaged in Shared Governance structure as demonstrated through attendance, input and volunteering to serve on unit based or hospital councils. * Demonstrates quality systems thinking through gaining and maintaining knowledge of the quality indicators (Core Measures, SCIP, NSIs, etc.). * A professional role model within the community when representing the organization.
- THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB
EDUCATION Required: * Current license as RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State * BCLS certification within 90 days. ACLS certification if required in specialty area
Preferred: * BSN from an accredited school of nursing * Member of a national professional nursing organization * Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization
Title: Registered Nurse Operating Room (RN)
Location: Virginia-Blacksburg-LewisGale Hospital-Montgomery
Requisition ID: 00033-16385