HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist ASCP Full-time nights in Belton, Missouri
Belton Regional Medical Center — is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s largest healthcare provider. Belton Regional Medical Center, is conveniently located at Highways I-49 and 58 in Belton, Missouri, is a 71-bed acute care hospital offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. Established in 1984, Belton Regional Medical Center¹s mission is to provide the citizens of southern Jackson and northern Cass counties access to critical health resources. In 2012 the hospital completed a $39.2 million expansion and renovation project to help meet the continuing needs of its patients.
The hospital has been named one of the nation¹s top performing hospitals on key quality measures by The Joint Commission, the nation¹s leading accreditor of healthcare organizations for four consecutive years: 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Belton Regional Medical Center was recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for pneumonia and surgical care. Additionally, the hospital was honored with an “A” grade in the Spring 2015 Hospital Safety Score , for the third consecutive time, which rates how well hospitals protect patients from errors, injuries and infections within hospitals. The Hospital Safety Score is compiled under the guidance of the nation’s leading experts on patient safety and is administered by The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog. The first and only hospital safety rating to be peer-reviewed in the/Journal of Patient Safety/, the Score is free to the public and designed to give consumers information they can use to inform themselves and their families when facing a hospital stay.
Belton Regional Medical Center is proud to be part of the Sarah Cannon HCA Midwest Health cancer network, providing local access to innovative clinical research trials, tumor profiling and genetic counseling; you can receive top cancer care in the comfort of your community hospital.
Our highly qualified physicians and skilled health professionals are dedicated to our community, making it possible to meet this mission. For more information on Belton Regional Medical Center, visit beltonregionalmedicalcenter.com.
• Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
• Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988. Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
• Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
• Maintains a safe work area.
• Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
• Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
• Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
• Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
• The Medical Technologist provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
• This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements : Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
Professional Licensure/Registration/Certifications/Other : MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
Experience : Experience preferred
Title: Medical Technologist ASCP Full-time nights
Location: Missouri-Belton-Belton Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09728-43581