Washington State L&I Electrical Inspection Field Supervisor, Bellevue in Bellevue, Washington
Please Note: This position is currently open to L&I; employees only.
Become a Labor & Industries Electrical Inspection Field Supervisor and join a team of electrical professionals who are dedicated towards making a positive impact in the lives of our electrical inspectors, stakeholders, in our homes, schools, businesses and communities.
As a member of our team, you are responsible for leading, inspiring, mentoring staff, and helping inspectors be successful in their work. You will help us ensure that electrical work meets the standards adopted by the State of Washington. Help us ensure electrical work is performed by properly certified electricians and supervised trainees, working for licensed electrical contractors. Help us ensure permits are purchased, work is inspected, and standards are met. Be part of a group with highly skilled, knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated public servants whose mission is to "Keep Washington Safe and Working."
The Electrical Inspection Field Supervisor supervises approximately 11 Electrical Construction Inspectors in our Bellevue office, who inspect all types of electrical installations ensuring compliance with state electrical laws and rules.
In addition to supervision, you will be responsible for the administration, planning, management, training, integrity, and quality of electrical compliance activities. You will work collaboratively with other Electrical Inspection Supervisors and the Regional Management Team on issues that affect the region, budget, customer service and directly with the Chief Electrical Inspector on electrical program issues.
Community, collaboration, and safety are the building blocks we want to build and expand our employee's careers on. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for public service and believe in our mission; additionally, they will have the drive to build collaborative relationships with our electrical stakeholders and other customer groups. We need someone that is able to ensure a cohesive and collaborative team, encourage respectful communication, maintain relationships, and build rapport. Additionally the future incumbent will be a change agent and guide our teams to be successful in achieving the goals of our division and L&I.;
Some of what you will do
- Administer, plan and supervise regional electrical compliance activities. Ensure staff achieves regional performance goals.
- Hire, train, mentor and evaluate staff. Ensure staff receives required training and work safely.
- Assist Electrical Construction Inspectors in conducting complicated and technical electrical installation inspections.
- Conduct inspections of all types of electrical installations to ensure compliance with National Electrical Code and construction industry standards for electrical installations.
- Perform electrical permitting, contractor licensing and electrician certification compliance.
- Provide guidance in interpreting the electrical law. Review citations for completeness and accuracy. Answer code questions from contractors and from the public.
- Plan for future regional electrical program needs based on forecast of workload. Analyze and modify expenditures and budget to ensure cost control in adherence to program decisions.
- Respond to and resolve staff issues, concerns and complaints.
- Maintain relations with utilities, electrical contractors, local building authorities, general contractors and the public.
- Ensure good stewardship of State resources.
Who should apply
We seek certified journey level electricians with 4 years' experience in the electrical construction trade, installing and maintaining electrical systems. You must possess and maintain a valid an EL01 electrician certificate or Master General Journey Level (ME01) electrician certificate.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-section of electrical work in the electrical construction industry.
- Success leading or supervising staff and projects.
- Possession of a valid WA State General Administrator certificate (AD01) or Master General Journey Level (ME01) desired.
- Ability to explain complex and technical information regarding electrical rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with and assist upset individuals and help others resolve disagreements and conflicts.
- Skilled using a personal computer, email and the Internet.
- Experience as an Electrical Construction Inspector is required.
In addition to your application, the process requires that you include letter of interest clearly addressing why you want to be a supervisor in the electrical program and qualify any experience you have performing the job duties described in the section "What we are looking for". Please attach while in the online application process.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairne3ss so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08752
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $5,385.00 - $6,401.00 Monthly
Location: King County – Bellevue, WA