CME Group Staff Attorney EMEA in Belfast, United Kingdom
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of the role is to assist in the provision of corporate governance and company secretarial support to CME Group’s UK and Asia subsidiaries.
- Monitoring and facilitating compliance by CME Group’s UK and Asia subsidiaries with corporate governance requirements and liaising with the Staff Attorney, board members and others as needed.
- Maintaining board meeting calendars and assisting with board meeting preparations and post-meeting requirements.
- Assisting with the drafting of corporate documentation, such as resolutions, terms of reference and directors’ appointment letters.
- Assisting with the maintenance of statutory books and records and with corporate filings including annual accounts.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts on an ad hoc basis, including contracts for goods and services, consultancy contracts, engagement letters and NDAs and liaising with business teams and Procurement as needed.
- Assisting with the creation and amendment of intragroup agreements.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of company policies and procedures
- Conducing legal research and providing legal advice on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualified lawyer with at least 2-3 years of post-qualification experience working either in-house or in private practice.
- Experience in and knowledge of corporate governance and company secretarial matters is essential.
- Experience in the financial services sector would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
- Experience using project management software (such as Smartsheet) and data sharing platforms (such as IntraLinks and Directors Desk) would be beneficial.
Physical, Scheduling, & Location Requirements:
- The role is based in CME Group’s Belfast office.