Citi Compliance Analyst - ICG AML Advisory in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Other Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17071132
Compliance proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. Compliance is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
The ICG AML Compliance Risk Management team performs due diligence reviews of Investment Banking and Capital Markets Originations transactions from a reputational, franchise and AML risk perspective. Amongst others, the team is responsible for AML CDD, ensuring customer identification and acceptance is in place prior to establishing a business relationship or conducting a financial transaction.
The candidate should have a well-rounded understanding of the components of an AML program including Know Your Customer and Client Identification Program and Enhanced Due Diligence for high risk customer types including intermediaries and Politically Exposed Persons.
The candidate should have broader knowledge of the UK and EU Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing laws and regulations, as well as the ability to recognize and investigate higher risk factors.
An opportunity exists within Citi’s Corporate and Investment Bank Compliance team to provide Client Due Diligence (CDD) and proactive Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulatory advisory services to the EMEA Investment Banking and Capital Markets Origination business. The role will include gathering and analysis of CDD and support to the wider AML advisory team.
• Review of Investment Banking and Capital Markets Origination transactions from a reputational, franchise and AML risk perspective
• Provide advice to KYC functions on CIB and CMO clients
• Liaise with Deal Teams, Relationship Managers, Legal, Sanctions Team and Local AML Compliance Officers in EMEA in respect of episodic AML approvals
• Facilitate in the recording and tracking of EMEA IB and CMO approvals
• Update and maintain internal systems and databases, essential for the sanctions screening purposes
• Perform checks and analysis on backgrounds of politically exposed persons
• Analyse and verify client documents
• Advise deal teams of diligence requirements
• Prepare MIS for AML Compliance and business
• Perform client classification in accordance with MIFID Client Classification Procedure
• Collate, review and prepare deal due diligence
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge / Experience:
• Previous AML Compliance knowledge gained within the regulated financial services sector is advantageous
• Strong Knowledge of UK and EU AML laws and regulations advantageous
• Experience in a Medium to Large sized Investment Bank in either Account Opening or AML Advisory advantageous
• General understanding of Investment Banking and Capital Markets Origination products
• Have a good understanding of emerging markets and high risk industries
• Experience in reviewing and performing due diligence on Politically Exposed Persons advantageous
• Understand the main financial services product types and their functions
• Enhancement and implementation of AML policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
• Strong communication skills, including both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate to with senior stakeholders
• Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise tasks
• Good attention to detail and organisational skills
• Practical ability to apply and communicate legal and regulatory requirements to day to day activities
• Good understanding of various corporate structures including offshore Trusts, Funds, Special Purpose Vehicles
• Excellent judgment and assessment skills; proactively employs personal curiosity to identify and research parties using a risk-based approach
• Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
• Significant attention to detail
• Highly organised, efficient and able to multi-task
• Strategic and goal-oriented focus
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Motivated, enthusiastic and positive
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills
• Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
Leadership Standards / Competencies:
Drives Value for Clients:
• Trusted partner, identifies innovative client solutions, exceeds client expectations
• Sets high standards, achieves objectives, delivers ethical and sustainable results
Works as a Partner:
• Works collaboratively, builds network, encourages others, respectful of diversity, assumes positive intent
• Champions new ideas, embraces change, challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision
Lives Our Values:
• Delivers responsible outcomes, acts with high personal integrity, takes personal responsibility
Develops our People:
• Celebrates excellence in others, provides valuable feedback, self-aware
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer