General Motors Controls Engineer - MFE0003300 in Bedford, Indiana
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
The career level senior project engineer is responsible for Program Execution of current and future foundry equipment which includes, but is not limited to Die Cast Equipment, Core Make Equipment, FANUC Robotics Automation, Molten Metal Systems, Material Handling equipment, Pre-Machine Equipment, and Facility and Environmental Related Equipment. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity within a plant where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required for the production of high quality Castings.
- Manage projects through purchasing processes
- Conduct equipment risk assessments with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Conduct Equipment build/run-off and buyoff processes
- Manage deliveries to program timing milestones.
- Provide project report outs to senior management.
- Existing program/site support, troubleshooting, etc.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Travel as required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic Skills– Required:
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming, Ethernet and/or Devicenet networks Knowledge of servo motors, motion control and drives.
- Experience in Fanuc robots setup and programming.
- Ability to use computer, interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and learn new systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor work.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Understanding of GMS and 4 walls within the program.
- Knowledge of GM’s global Equipment Specifications.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree with major in engineering and/or equivalent experience/training.