Comcast Sr. Marketing and Sales Analyst in Beaverton, Oregon
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a member of Sales and Marketing this position is responsible for creating recurring and ad-hoc reporting and data analysis to support execution and measurement of sales channel performance and marketing operations. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge
- Develops, produces, and analyzes sales channel performance reports.
- Consolidates and summarizes sales channel and operations information in a comprehensive manner and distributes on regular intervals.
- Provides recommendations to management for additional reports and tracking tools.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute recurring and ad-hoc reporting/analysis to monitor budget-to-actual results across various sales channels.
- Supports maintenance, management and accuracy of departmental databases.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for customer and expense forecasting.
- Understands and applies various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices.
- Works directly with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Participates in meetings, training programs, and conferences as directed.
- Reviews types and sources of purchased market research data and recommends purchases to Marketing management.
- Coordinates and participates in the generation of regular and special market research or trend reports to management.
- Ensures pertinent market information is translated and dispersed to Marketing Research Department for evaluation.
- Maintains expertise in marketing research and stays current on new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, and vendors.
- Makes recommendations based on analysis and findings.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis capabilities
- Understanding of relational database concepts, strong SQL and Excel skills (including some VB scripting, macro development, pivot tables, and advanced lookup functions).
- MS Reporting Services, SQL Server (or other database software) a plus.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts a plus.
- Cognos (or other Business Intelligence software) a plus.
- Telcom/Cable industry experience a plus.
- Practical experience in billing/database and financial analysis a plus.
- Tableau Software experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer