USM, An EMCOR Company Machinist in Beaumont, Texas
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Job Title: Machinist
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Machine Shop Supervisor, the machinist is assigned to drilling flanges, tubesheets and baffles used in fabrication and/or repair of shell and tube heat exchangers.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Sets up job(s) to be drilled.
- Keep log of time spent on jobs.
- Operates CNC drills and drill presses.
- Creates ring grooves and reams holes.
- Check hole dimensions as required.
- Sharpens drill bits.
- Removes shavings as needed.
- Refills coolant tank as needed.
- Periodically replaces oil/coolant in drill presses.
- Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
- Performs internal quality control of drilling procedures and associated record-keeping and documentation.
- Sets up and perform jobs based on established shop procedures.
- Assist in Tool Room as well as Shipping & Receiving as necessary and performing associated record keeping.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly environment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Knowledge- H.S. diploma or equivalent; or equivalent experience; knowledge of machining practices.
- Demonstrated command of basic math skills;
- Required Tools- Steel tape, center punch, hammer, 12” scale, 0-1 micrometer, 6” dividers, square and center head, 12” adjustable wrench, telescoping gauges, hex key wrenches, trammel points, tool box.
- Optional Tools- Micrometer (0-1 & 1-2), Inside micrometers up to 6", 24"-36" scale.
- Read and interpret measuring devices – dial calipers, OD mics, digital micrometers, machinist scale, etc.
- Read and interpret engineering specifications and drawings. Convert fractions to decimals, millimeters to decimals, able to read machinist scales.
- Experience in a job shop environment.
- 1-3 years Fanuc controls experience.
- VMC (vertical machining center) or bridge mill experience a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 1) a complete machine set-up (loading a part, clamping, indicating, checking flatness, part location, etc. and 2) calculation of Feeds and Speeds for drilling different materials
- Working knowledge of raw materials –stainless steel, carbon, duplex, etc.
- Proven ability to build and set-up own tools for drilling, grooving, reaming, etc. General knowledge of mill tooling.
- Able to set up & build required machine tooling to complete the job.
- Pressure vessel/heat exchanger experience is a plus
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Job Title: Machinist
Date Posted: 6/16/2016
Location: Beaumont, TX
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-2023688437