Macy's Macy's Seasonal Starbucks Barista Full Time/Part Time South Shore Mall in Bay Shore, New York
Job Overview: The Barista sells and creates Starbucks coffee beverages following Starbucks standards providing exceptional customer service through product knowledge and Magic selling. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations
- Follows company standards and maintains work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Follows Starbucks Service Steps and Magic Selling skills providing an exceptional customer experience
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food and beverage products
- Follows station specific duties and responsibilities
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the are
- Maintains PAR stock levels and standards in product presentations
- Produce and present freshly prepared products following Starbucks recipes while meeting speed of service standard
- Follows Starbucks merchandising and signing standards
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company, Starbucks, and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
*Working Conditions: * This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Disclaimer This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Bay Shore
Job: Restaurant/Food Service - Front of House
Req ID: 71095536