CB&I QC Manager in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Title: QC Manager
Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
CB&Icurrently has an opening for a QCManager in La Porte, Texas .
- Moderate business travel will be expected for short durations (typically 2-3 days) to support, assess, and audit multiple plant sites and office locations.
- Establish and communicate project requirements so both direct report personnel and subcontractors can achieve the quality and or technical objectives
- Participate in development, coordination, scheduling, quality, safety and progress review meetings. Identify personnel needs for projects and participate in the responsibility prerequisites, recruiting & vetting process for these needs.
- Provide direct and indirect support (coverage, planning, and evaluation) for major turnarounds.
- Monitor Corrective Action and Non-Conforming Item systems to ensure timely completion of corrective actions.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Applies technical and/or managerial expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in the quality area
- Maintain mechanical integrity program
- Manages budget for Quality and allocates resources accordingly
- Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Must have 5 years relevant experience in Quality and or Technical Services
- One or more of the following certifications;American Petroleum Institute (API) Individual Certification Programs (ICP) InspectorAmerican Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) NDT Level II certification for PT, UT (Thickness) VT, MT, and BLT required, or ability to obtain.
- Confined-Space trained and capable, or ability to obtain
- Familiarity with plant equipment maintenance inspections and inspection programs
- Familiarity with ASME Section VIII - relief valves and testing requirements
- Spoken and written English is a requirement
- Knowledgeable regarding relevant industrial codes, standards and specifications (i.e.ASME, API, ASTM, AWS, AWWA, AISC, ACI, IEEE …etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience in dealing with the client and client representatives
- Incisive attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management
- American Welding Society certifications
- American Petroleum Instituted certifications
- American Society of Non-destructive Testing certifications
- National Association of Coatings Engineers certifications
- National Board endorsement
- Trade apprentice graduate or craft certifications
- Familiarity with following Materials of Construction: lead lined steel, glass lined steel, exotic alloys (e.g. - titanium, tantalum, high nickel alloys, etc.), ceramics, fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP), and plastic lined pipe and equipment.
- Familiarity and experience with pressure vessel design software and ASME VIII - 1 Code calculations
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Quality
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 9:36:33 AM
Requisition ID: 1617682