Phillips 66 Business Improvement & Projects in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Business Improvement and Projects group is responsible for coordinating various process improvement initiatives to identify efficiencies and improve processes along with participating on major projects associated with Refining and Midstream Financial Services. This position will reside within the Refining and Midstream Financial Services organization of Phillips 66 in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
Responsibilities may include :
- Assisting the organization in working complex issues and implementing solutions
- Developing a strong understanding of the systems and processes used by Refining and Midstream Financial Services
- Identifying control gaps and process improvement opportunities
- Ensuring documented work processes are current and accessible
- Assisting the organization in coordinating various project efforts associated with system implementations, new accounting standards, monthly closing cycle improvements and various business growth activities
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8 or more years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Financial services and transactional accounting experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong professional communication – both written and oral
- Ability to build relationships and serve as a resource, leader and project coordinator on projects or process improvement efforts with external and internal business partners
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to take ownership of work and deliver results, problem solving skills and ability to work with others as a team player
- Commitment to Phillips 66 core values and highest standards of ethical behavior
- A self-starter with strong communication skills and a customer service focus
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment with strong continuous improvement skills
- Awareness of the business and internal controls and processes
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 28, 2017 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 36205
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Accounting/Finance