Jackson Laboratory Electrician in Bar Harbor, Maine
Tracking Code 5951 Job Description
The Jackson Laboratory, is*_an independent, nonprofit organization focusing on mammalian genetics research to advance human health. Our mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health__._ _Join us to be a part of our over 1800 employees supporting our mission!*_
Facilities maintenance and operations at The Jackson Laboratory's Bar Harbor location is currently seeking a full time Electrician. Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Facility Systems, the Electrician will perform maintenance and repairs on facility electrical systems components in addition to the following key responsibilities:
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facility electrical systems that include primary (high voltage) and secondary circuits, normal and emergency power distribution, UPS, variable frequency drives, and other electrical equipment
- This position will primarily focus on supporting complex PLC driven electro-mechanical systems and industrial HVAC systems
- Working up to personal ability level in other Maintenance trades as needed
Participate in an on call rotation that may require work outside of normal business hours Required Skills
Two year degree in Electrical Technology or related field
- Eligible and qualified to enter the Maine State Journeyman program and eventually attain a Journeymen Electrician’s license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as team player with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency using current Windows based computer programs such as Word and Excel
Our employees enjoy exceptional benefit plans which include; Comprehensive Medical & Dental plan, Generous 403b retirement plan, Vacation & Sick Leave, On-site fitness center and many other programs that make JAX one of the best employers of its kind and our opportunities widely coveted.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume as one document to complete the application process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Bar Harbor, Maine, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular